KCP&L has developed special programs for a variety of particular needs.
Three solutions for specific needs.
- Adjustable Due Date coordinates payments with your Social Security benefits.
- Medical Customer provides support for electrically operated life-support equipment.
- Special Friend identifies a contact person for older and disabled customers.
Adjustable Due Date
If you rely on Social Security or Supplemental Security Income (SSI), you can schedule your payment dates to coordinate with when you receive your benefits. It’s a simple, free program that helps you avoid late payments and possible service disconnection.
- We’ll adjust your due date to about four days after you receive your benefits, to give you plenty of time to pay using any of our convenient options.
- To be eligible, you should be up-to-date on your account. You or your spouse must be at least 62 years old, rely completely on Social Security and have no other wage earners in your household.
- You are also eligible if you are blind or permanently disabled and receiving SSI.
- To enroll, download the brochure and complete the application on the back. Then return it to KCP&L along with proof of age and your benefit letter.
If you are homebound and rely on electrically operated life-support equipment that doesn’t have a back-up power supply, we want to know so we can help you make special arrangements during power outages.
- We’ll provide you with a special phone number to call during outages.
- The program doesn’t guarantee continuous service, but it does make it easier to report any outages and track restoration efforts.
- As a backup during weather-related outages, we encourage you to seek out a backup power source or develop a plan for relocating until your power is restored.
If you are 60 or older and disabled or often away from your home for long periods, you can identify a friend, relative or agency to contact if your payment becomes overdue. These special friends aren’t responsible for your bill, but they can help you avoid possible service disconnection. To enroll, call us at 816-471-5275816-471-5275
Family and friends can give the gift of energy to people they know are in need by placing an Energy Gift on their KCP&L customer account. Purchased by check or money order in any amount, these payments can be given anonymously.
- To send a gift, submit an online form. We’ll verify the customer information and send you an application and announcement card by email or regular mail.
- When you receive the application, fill it out and mail it back to us with payment by check or money order. We’ll apply the payment to the customer’s account.
- You can send the announcement card to your recipient or chose to give the gift anonymously.
- Gifts are nonrefundable and may be given by anyone, not just KCP&L customers.
- To send an Energy Gift, get started by filling out the online form.
Learn more about our financial assistance
, and how KCP&L employees and customers help provide energy to those in need through Dollar-Aide