Our community investments team evaluates donation requests according to well-developed guidelines in line with our focus areas.
We believe every cause is important. But due to the volume of requests we receive each year and limitations on available resources, we follow a prioritization and evaluation process that helps us invest in programs in the most effective way possible.
Here’s how we evaluate and prioritize requests:
- Alignment of the agency’s mission with our focus areas
- Documented history of the agency’s effectiveness, financial soundness and leadership
- KCP&L’s relationship with the agency through volunteers, board leadership or business involvement
- Location of the agency within or near our service and operating area
If you believe your agency is a match for our community investment funds, please click here.
You’ll be asked to provide basic information including:
- Primary contact information
- Federal tax identification number and 501(c) 3 status letter
- A summary of the agency’s purpose, clients, goals and how you measure effectiveness
- The specific dollar amount the agency is requesting and how it will be used
- Agency-wide and program-specific budget information
- Most recent audited financial statements
- A list of other corporate and foundation support
We cannot make funds available for:
- Individuals (for scholarships, trips, conferences or similar purposes)
- School-affiliated groups (such as bands, choirs or athletic teams)
- Sporting activities and golf tournaments
- Single disease organizations
To submit a Sponsorship or Grant Request click here.
- Not-for-profit agencies outside our service and operating area