This year’s winners took electrical safety messaging to new heights. The grand prize winner of the contest is…
X will receive a $500 prize and six tickets to an upcoming Royals game. New categories this year included:
- People’s Choice (Insert name and City) Watch video
- Best Safety Message (Insert name and City) Watch video
- Most Adorable (Insert name and City) Watch video
- Most Creative (Insert name and City) Watch video
Visit our YouTube page
to view all the video submissions to brush up on your safety knowledge.
Tips to keep you safe
Indoor safety tips
Outdoor safety tips:
- Unplug appliances and tools when not in use. Pull by the plug, not the cord.
- Don’t overload outlets and be smart about how you use extension cords. Avoid stringing multiple cords together or running them through areas where they might become worn or severed.
- Make sure light bulbs are the right wattage for the fixture.
- Ladders and power lines don’t mix. When carrying a ladder, always look up to ensure you don’t make contact with a power line. Be aware of power lines coming into your home before you climb a ladder. If possible use a fiberglass or wooden ladder when working around the house.
- Never touch downed power lines or use anything to try to move them. You risk electric shock or electrocution.
- Before you dig or excavate for any planting or improvement project, protect yourself and avoid costly utility interruptions. Call 8-1-1 before you dig to get the location of all underground utilities.