KCP&L is devoted to improving our environment. That’s why were once again launching the Energizing Our Environment Microgrant program, which helps fund projects that make an environmental difference in our communities.
Last year we contributed nearly $40,000 to 16 environmental projects throughout Kansas and Missouri. We funded projects ranging from a river clean up to a wind turbine. And this year, we want to fund your innovative sustainability project idea.
Your nonprofit organization can apply for a grant of up to $3,000 to help fund a wide range of environmental projects that address key problems in our region. Simply complete the online application to be considered for funding.
How it works:
- Have a member of your organization over 18 years of age submit a completed application by August 5.
- Tell us what the project is, when it will take place and why you think it will impact the environment.
- We’ll review all the submissions and announce the approved projects on our website on August 24. Approved projects will receive $500-$3,000 grant.
- If your project is approved, you can start Energizing Our Environment right away.
- For additional information, please see official program rules.
- Installation of recycling stations around the community
- School environment programs
- Environmental improvements to parks, trails, etc.
- Planting trees in the community
- Projects that address a key environmental problem