Manage your KCP&L account on the go. Get reminders, make payments and receive payment confirmation—all from your mobile phone.
Enjoy the convenience of managing your account without a computer. With text messaging you can:
- Get notified when your bill is ready.
- Schedule a reminder 1-14 days before your bill is due.
- Make a payment from a designated bank account.
- Be notified when we process your payment.
Here’s how to get started:
- Sign up through our secure online account access. All you need is your account number.
- Already enrolled? Select the messaging options you want under the Preferences tab after you've logged in.
Once you sign up for text messaging service, send any of these quick text commands to 68731:
- BAL: What’s my current amount due?
- BILL: What’s my bill amount and due date?
- LAST: Send me information on my last payment.
- LIST: Send me a list of commands.
- PAY: Pay my bill (if you have banking info assigned to your KCP&L account).
- STOP: Stop all text messages from KCP&L.
- HELP: Send me text messaging information.
For support or information about the service, text HELP to 68731, call 888-471-5275888-471-5275
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Update your text message preferences online at any time or stop all text messages by texting STOP to 68731. Message and data rates may apply.
You can also combine text messaging with any of our other flexible billing and payment options
, including paperless billing
, budget billing
, and automatic payment
Read KCP&L’s Text Messaging Terms and Conditions
or review a list of Eligible Mobile Carriers