Pay your bill, manage your account online and gain cost-saving insights about your energy use.
You can pay your KCP&L bill in several ways: online, by text message, by phone, in person, or by mail.
Pay Bill Online
Log In to Account
Or register for a free account
Why sign up for an online account?
- Pay your bill online with your credit/debit card or bank account.
- Set up automatic payments so you never forget.
- Compare current and past bills side-by-side.
- View a real-time account of your billing and payment history.
- Get an email or text message notice when your bill is due.
To sign up, you’ll need your account number. You can find your account number on your bill. Learn how to read your bill
Pay by Text Message
- Set up text payments through your online account.
- Update your preferences online at any time. Or stop all messages by texting STOP to 68731.
Pay Bill by Phone
Call (816) 471-5275(816) 471-5275
or (888) 471-5275(888) 471-5275
- If paying by check, have your KCP&L account number and checkbook available, then follow the voice prompts. Checks post the same day by 2:30 p.m. on business days or the next business day after 2:30 p.m.
- If paying by Visa, MasterCard or debit/ATM card: have your KCP&L account number and card number available. The system will connect you to Western Union for processing. Credit, debit and ATM cards post within 1-2 business days.
Pay in Person
that allow you to pay your bill in person.
Pay by Mail
- Kansas & Missouri, except for Greater Missouri Operations service area:
P.O. Box 219330
Kansas City, MO 64121-9330
- Greater Missouri Operations service area:
P.O. Box 219703
Kansas City, MO 64121-9703
Other Billing Options
- Budget billing helps you keep your bill consistent and budget your monthly payments by evening out seasonal billing highs and lows.