Reserve our largest financial incentives for your planned energy efficiency projects.
Block Bidding provides large commercial and industrial customers with the opportunity to lock in financial incentives ranging from $100,000 to $1 million for planned efficiency projects. Funds are reserved during online reverse auctions where bidders compete for incentives – measured on a $/kWh or $/kW basis.
KCP&L may hold auctions separately for customers and for Trade Allies, with auctions held for specific technologies and incentive amounts. The pre-qualified bidder(s) with the lowest bid prices will lock in incentives for the completion of energy efficiency projects occurring and completing in 2016.
Block Bidding benefits
- Receive incentives in excess of the $500,000 per customer annual incentive cap
- Reserve funds in advance to overcome the internal hurdle rates and incorporate into the capital planning processes
How it works
- Respond to the Block Bidding Request for Qualifications (RFQ)
Please note that the first round of RFQ submissions for 2016 has been completed. A second call for RFQs is currently planned for October 2016, with auctions taking place in November 2016. Please contact us at email@example.com or (866) 979-4953(866) 979-4953
if you would like to be added to the list to receive the next Block Bidding RFQ.
- Receive notification of RFQ status
If your RFQ is approved, you will be pre-qualified to participate in specified Block Bidding auctions and will receive instructions for your participation. View our online auction training presentation.
- Participate in online Block Bidding auctions
During the live auction, pre-qualified bidders will be logged into an online platform and will actively submit bids to compete for the energy efficiency incentives. At the end of the auction, the bidder with the lowest price per kWh or kW is considered the winner of that auction and is then tasked with implementing project(s) that achieve energy savings.
- Implement energy efficiency projects
Work with an authorized KCP&L Trade Ally to complete your large-scale energy saving projects.
- Get paid
You will receive your incentives upon completion of your project and rebate paperwork.
To be eligible for Block Bidding incentives, customers must:
- Receive commercial electric service from KCP&L
- Have a planned efficiency project(s) expected to save in excess of 5 million kWh per year
To be eligible for Block Bidding incentives, your project must:
- Receive pre-approval prior to implementation
- Meet all requirements outlined in the RFQ and Participant Guidelines
- Be completed at locations within the state of Missouri that hold a KCP&L electric account
- Have a minimum payback, based on first year electric cost savings, of at least two years
The following Trade Allies were awarded blocks of incentive funding in the first round of 2016 auctions. Projects must be implemented by December 31, 2016.