Earn rebates for installing new high-efficiency lighting. Improve your bottom line by reducing energy consumption.
KCP&L Small Business Lighting offering helps small businesses make turnkey energy-efficient lighting improvements with rebates that could cover as much as 70% of the project’s cost.
But Small Business Lighting offers your business more than a rebate. You also see real savings each day your business operates with more energy-efficient lighting. That's a tangible, long-term improvement to your bottom line.
When you participate in KCP&L Small Business Lighting, you can:
- Lower you energy bills and reduce operating costs
- Improve the business environment for your employees and customers
- Significantly reduce your out-of-pocket cost and help provide a quick return on investment with financial rebates
- Complete projects with minimal or no business down time
How it works
- Schedule a free lighting evaluation: Use our contractor search tool to find an authorized lighting contractor and schedule your free lighting evaluation.
- Receive on-site evaluation: Your contractor will visit your business to evaluate your facility’s current lighting and discuss future lighting needs.
- Decide on improvements: You’ll receive a detailed proposal of personalized lighting recommendations, available rebates and payback information. Review the proposal and decide which upgrades to pursue.
- Complete lighting upgrades: Your lighting contractor will receive pre-approval on your selected projects and complete the work.
- Save energy and money: KCP&L will pay your rebate directly to your contractor. You simply pay the balance. Plus, you’ll enjoy long-term savings on energy costs.
To be eligible for Small Business Lighting rebates, a small business customer must:
- Receive commercial electric service from KCP&L
- Have a peak demand of 100kW or less at a single site/meter or less than 250kW total peak demand across multiple sites/meters
Small Business Lighting currently offers these rebates
for completing eligible lighting projects. Your contractor will provide a recommendation for which measures to pursue based on your current lighting and future business needs. Project rebates are capped at 70% of the project cost.
To be eligible for Small Business Lighting rebates, your project must:
- Receive pre-approval prior to purchasing or installing new lighting equipment
- Meet the following criteria: All lighting except T5 must be Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE), DesignLights Consortium (DLC) or ENERGY STAR® qualified; all linear fluorescent lighting must be 800 series lamps (including high bays)
Actual rebate amounts and project cost coverage will vary. Rebates will be based upon a fixed dollar amount per lamp/fixture with a maximum potential project cost coverage of 70%.
Although many of our programs apply only to Missouri customers, we’re working hard to offer Kansas customers the same opportunity to save. We are in the process of requesting approval from Kansas Corporation Commission and hope to launch new programs in 2017. In the meantime, Energy Analyzer
can help small businesses better understand their energy use and find customized tips to save. Log in to your online account