Missouri customers: KCP&L’s free Programmable Thermostat is professionally installed and can reduce your energy bill up to 20%.
Apply online now or call (855) 337-7583(855) 337-7583.
KCP&L offers a free programmable thermostat in exchange for letting us raise your home’s temperature a few degrees between June and September when demand is highest. These cycling events last no more than four hours, don’t occur on weekends or holidays and usually happen less than four times each year.
Participation is completely voluntary and you can always choose to have the thermostat removed at no cost to you.
What you receive from KCP&L:
- A programmable, internet-connected thermostat installed by a certified technician at no charge.
- 24/7 customer support after installation at no cost.
- Companion smartphone app that allows you to control your home energy use from anywhere with a Wi-Fi connection.
To be eligible, you must:
- Live in Missouri
- Have a working central air conditioning system or heat pump
- Live in a single-family home or townhouse and either be the owner or have the owner's permission
To receive your programmable thermostat, apply online now or call (855) 337-7583 (855) 337-7583.