KCP&L’s Programmable Thermostat is professionally installed for free and helps ensure a comfortable climate in your home while reducing your energy bill up to 20%.
A programmable thermostat puts you in control of your heating and cooling, helping you use energy more efficiently and lower your utility bills. We’ll give you one for free for participating in our efforts to manage energy consumption during peak use days—and we’ll send a technician to set it up. The technician will program settings according to your preferences and preset temperatures for when you’re asleep or away, automatically returning to desired comfort levels when needed.
- Get a programmable thermostat installed by a certified technician at no charge.
- Receive 24/7 customer support after installation at no cost.
- Adjust temperatures based on seasonal and personal preferences from your computer or from a mobile device with a Wi-Fi connection.
- Partner with us to control peak demand from June through September by letting us raise your temperature a few degrees when demand on our system is high. These cycling events last no more than four hours and don’t occur on weekends or holidays. Typically, there are less than four events per year.
- Participation is completely voluntary and you can always choose to have the thermostat removed at no cost to you.
- Rebates are available for programmable thermostats purchased in-store through a separate program - Home Appliance Rebates.
You’re eligible if you have a working central A/C system or heat pump and live in a single-family home or townhouse, of which you must be the owner or have the owner’s permission.
Apply Online Now