Receive free energy-efficient upgrades to your home when you participate in a KCP&L home energy assessment.
Sometimes we need a little help making our homes more energy efficient. With the KCP&L Energy Savings Kit, you’ll get exactly that.
It starts with making an appointment for a KCP&L home energy assessment—an easy way to fit energy efficiency into your busy lifestyle. A KCP&L energy-efficiency professional will provide complimentary upgrades throughout your home, installed for free, and share tips on how to save even more.
How it works
To receive your Energy Savings Kit with free upgrades and home assessment:
- Schedule your appointment online or call (855) 907-6930(855) 907-6930.
- A KCP&L energy-efficiency professional will walk through your home with you and point out ways to reduce energy use and save money. The assessment only takes about an hour and includes an inspection of: lighting and appliances, windows and doors, heating and air-conditioning systems, insulation levels, water heating equipment, and air leakage.
- With your permission, your energy-efficiency professional will install a variety of energy-saving products in your home at no cost to you to help you start saving money and energy immediately.
- You’ll receive a customized summary including recommended next steps, tips for reducing your energy use and costs further, and ways to improve your home’s comfort.
What’s included in the Energy Savings Kit
In addition to the assessment, you’ll receive a variety of energy-saving products, installed for free:
- Up to 12 LED bulbs to replace incandescent, halogen or burnt-out CFLs
- Up to four faucet aerators
- Up to two efficient-flow shower heads
- Water heater pipe insulation (installed on hot and cold pipes for up to six feet from water heater tank, when accessible)
- Smart power strips
All KCP&L Missouri residential customers are eligible to participate. Renters must obtain landlord consent prior to participation. One Energy Savings Kit per residence located in the KCP&L Missouri service area. See terms and conditions
Although many of our programs apply only to Missouri customers, we’re working hard to offer Kansas customers the same opportunity to save. We are in the process of requesting approval from Kansas Corporation Commission and hope to launch new programs in 2017. In the meantime, Energy Analyzer
can help you better understand your energy use and find customized tips to save. Log in to your online account